Bridging aid for students in emergency situations extended including summer semester 2021
The Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) will once again help students who have proven to be in acute need due to the Corona pandemic with grants from November 2020 up to and including the summer semester of 2021. We would like to point out that the Studierendenwerk Ulm had no influence on the design of the funding and the corresponding application procedure and only acts as a service provider in the interest of the students.
Information on the bridging grant from the BMBF
- The BMBF's bridging aid is intended to help students who are in an acute, pandemic-related emergency situation and who require immediate assistance.
- Domestic and foreign students can apply for bridging assistance.
- The use of loans, scholarships, etc. in the month of entitlement does not exclude the receipt of bridging aid.
- Depending on the proven need, between 100 and 500 euros can be paid as a non-repayable grant.
- An application can only be made individually for each month.
- The amount of the subsidy depends on the pandemic-related individual need. Your account balance on the day before the online application is decisive for this. If you have a permanent balance of 500 euros or more than 500 euros in your account, you are not entitled to a subsidy.
We would like to point out that the Studierendenwerk Ulm had no influence on the design of the grant and the corresponding application procedure and only acts as a service provider in the interest of the students.
Applications can only be submitted via an online portal.
Online application here: www.ueberbrueckungshilfe-studierende.de
The most important questions on bridging assistance: FAQs for students
BMBF hotline for bridging assistance: Tel. 0800 26 23 003
Service hours of the hotline: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m., Friday from 8.00 a.m. to 12.00 p.m.
Technical information on the online application for bridging assistance
FAQ Bridging Assistance: The Ten Most Frequently Asked Questions
Checklist for bridging assistance
All information also available at:www.studentenwerk.de.
For enquiries about bridging assistance to the Studierendenwerk Ulm, you are welcome to contact us by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).