All enrolled students have an additional insurance coverage for accidents during leisure time, internships and exam preparation activities for studies outside the university if these accidents cause disability (permanent impairment of normal physical or intellectual capacities) or death.
Insured are also:
- Accidents while performing tasks in a job or trade – also as a working student – which are covered according to the SGBVII by the responsible employer's statutory accident insurance association (Berufsgenossenschaft) if the task is part of the studies;
- Students during one or two semesters abroad;
- Enrolled students during semesters or internships abroad as part of the ERASMUS program for a maximum of 24 months. Internships that are not directly connected to your studies are exempt.
- The insurance costs are financed by the Studierendenwerk through the Studierendenwerk fee. Insurance benefits are in relation to partial disability, total disability, death and costs of rescue.
- €40,000 disability with progression 225%
€90,000 total disability (100% disability)
€5,000 costs of rescue
€5,000 costs of plastic surgery
Please note the following deadlines:
- After the accident you should seek medical treatment as soon as possible.
- The disability must occur within one year after the accident to be covered.
- The medical diagnosis of the disability and the claim of disability by the insured person must occur within 15 months after the accident.
- Fatal accidents must be reported within 48 hours.